As a seasoned community diner we want to welcome you back to Vogelmorn to eat with us again. We are now fully open for community and to celebrate our first dinner is on Saturday the 18th of July!
Hasan and Flora of Damascus will be serving delicious food as an open buffet, so please come hungry. During the evening Owain will be playing guitar and vocals. Let’s get together, catch up, and get to know new neighbours.
- Adults – $20
- Unwaged – $15
- Kids (under 12) – $10
- Wanna help out with dishes? Dish Wash Tickets – $5
5.30pm – On arrival we will be welcomed with some awesome starters and mingle and socialise.
6pm – We will gather and have a kõrero and talk about future plans for the building and precinct.
6.30pm – Dinner
7.30pm – Clean up – putting tables away etc
8pm – Stay afterwards in the lounge to catch up after clean up if you want to!
This time, we’re offering 4 $5 dinner tickets for those who can be dedicated dish fiends. We need two shifts – from 6-7 and from 7-8pm. You’ll still get to eat and socialise !
Vegan, vegetarian, meat and gluten free options available.
- Hummus (vegan & gf)
- Beetroot tahini (vegan & gf)
- Vegan raw kebbeh: crushed wheat mixed with onion, garlic, spices, mild chili paste and fresh tomato (vegan)
- Homemade bread (vegan)
- Makloubi: Rice with slow cooked lamb shoulder, marinated with our own mixed spices and deep fried eggplant (gf – and vegan option available)
- Mixed green leaves salad with tomato, spring onions and coriander with olive oil, lemon juice and a pomegranate dressing (vegan & gf)
- Tzatziki “Damascus style”: cucumber, yoghurt, dry mint, olive oil and lemon juice (gf)
- Tarantela: Apple pudding with raisins and caramel sauce (vegan & gf)
You are welcome to BYO if you’d like.